Is the term “healing modality” something new to you? A healing modality is a combination of techniques, focal points, and beliefs that are used to create an atmosphere where healing and release can take place.
What we teach here at WhiteSage.org:
- creating a safe and sacred space
- owning your own choices and free will
- focusing respect and honor
- using intent to to deepen your faith
- the use of energy tools to release and renew
- using white sage smudging for blessings and prayers
These are only a few of the teachings here at WhiteSage.org. Next time you visit this page the list may have grown! Now let’s get on to the topic of healing modalities!
There are so many healing modalities that it’s nearly impossible to give you a complete list. These are the modalities I have learned, used, and created over the past 3+ decades, yes – decades.
- Burning of incense – I remember well my childhood experience at my family’s catholic church, watching the ritual of burning incense.
- Reiki energy healing – this technique brings together Re: God’s influence, and Ki: universal life force energy.
- Aromatherapy – applying the energy essence of plants, not much different than gaining nutrition from your foods!
- Meditation – the practice of intent, focus, and presence.
- White sage smudging – using aroma and smoke as a vessel for blessings and healing.
- Drumming – One of the oldest methods of sound therapy and communication.
- Tarot – using tarot or oracle cards as a way to bring focus to a facet of life.
- Shamanism – recognizing and practicing the power of the soul within the human life experience.
- Music – harnessing the power of sound as a healing support.
Wait a minute, some of these things are everyday things, like music! How can you call that a healing modality? You don’t have to live with a dividing line between your everyday life and your healing, blessing and prayer space. What if you infused some of the energy of your intent into your commute, your work, and your play and relationship space? Think of the possibilities!
Why you should include healing modalities in your life
- it’s a great way to shift out of your over-active mental state
- practicing healing modalities helps you feel calm and centered
- many say they have better focus
- there are techniques that help you feel safe without feeling “tense”
- practicing healing modalities helps relax you enough to “let it go”
- healing modalities can energize, not like an energy drink, but in a sustainable way
- you can find emotional release and an increase in joy and happiness
The list goes on! We’d love to hear from you!
What is your favorite healing modality, and why?
What have you gained (or let go of) by using healing modalities?
Share your questions as well – what would you like to see here at WhiteSage.org?
Thank you for joining us here today. As typical, content here at WhiteSage.org is honored by copyright by the writer. Some of our content is the sharing of video’s or articles by others, and we always give credit to the creator. Aho, blessings, thank you.