Fall equinox 2014 is just around the corner. In the U.S., the start of the equinox on September 22nd is 10:29 pm EST, on the pacific coast it begins at 7:29 pm PST. We celebrate the fall equinox on September 23, 2014.
White Sage for the Fall Equinox
The two equinox’s have been major points in time for many cultures over many centuries. It is the day when night and day are equal. In these days these events are far less noticed, with our artificial lights and climates.
Though our mind is less connected to the natural world cycles, are we still physically and emotionally connected?
Thoughts about the Fall Equinox
- As days grow darker this may be a time for physical rest
- As days grow colder we bundle on more clothes to keep the body warm and safe
- Growth slows in the landscape around us, it is a good time to think about your diet for this time of the year.
- With the equal day and night, this is a good time to embrace our duality. Your emotions ask to be heard, the mind says it is always right. A great meditation would be to restore balance between the two: mind and emotions.
- Along the same line of equal day and night, another powerful meditation could include the relationship between body and spirit.
Astrology and the Fall Equinox
Right about the time of the fall equinox the sun crosses over to Libra (9/23-10/22). What does this mean? Libra is focused on balance, relationships, and harmony. What a great match for the equality of the equinox, with its equality of night and day.
This year we enjoyed the summer solstice on June 22nd, 2014. The fall equinox takes place September 23, 2014. December brings the winter solstice on December 21st. Jumping to next year, the spring equinox, our next day of equal day and light, takes place on March 20th, 2015.
White Sage Blessings for the Fall Equinox
First things first. Fall equinox is really centered around the sun and the relationship between the sun and the earth. This leads to thoughts of honoring our source, and our own inner relationships.
- Your day to day life revolves around you as a conscious being.
- Your work revolves around it’s goals and desired outcome.
- Relationships revolve around each other, with no “greater than”, but an ever-changing, symbiotic relationship of two conscious beings in an interactive dance.
Smudging Ideas for the fall equinox
Solstice and equinox are about the extremes and balances of a year’s cycle.
- Use white sage smudging with a focus on the four directions.
- Use white sage smudging for each corner of your property, or each corner of the room, both above and below.
- For a personal white sage smudging, smudge front and back, left and right, above and below.